A land-locked country bordered by China to the north and by India to east , south and west, Nepal lies on the shoulder of Southern Himalayas. Her geo-physical structure is divided into three different district part s:the Himalayan, Mountain and the Terai region.Its topography stretches not only from the lowest land of the Terai, but also has the world\’s tallest mountains, including the cloud-hugging Mt. Everest,Annapurna,among others. The further geo-graphical attribution of Nepal depicts the following:
1. Geographical Location: Area: 1,47,181 sq kilometers Altitude: Varies from 70 meters to 8,848 meters Capital: Kathmandu Population: above 30 million
2. Language: Constitutonally, Nepal is the national language of Nepal. However, educated people can understand and speak English as well.
3. Time: Nepal time is 5 hours 45 minutes ahead GMT and 15 minuter ahead of Indian Standard Time.
4. Climate: Nepal has four major seasons, namely, Winter: December -February Spring: March-May Summer: June -August Autumn: September-November. Nepal can be visited the whole year around.
5. People and Religion: Neplease people are mainly divided into two distinct groups:Indo-Aryans and theMangolians. Kathmandu Valley is the spritual and cultural meeting point of all these groups. Nepal is the birth -place of Lord Gautem Buddha, the light of the Asia.There is a complex blending of Hinduisn and Buddhism in Nepal. Besides these, various other religions including Islam,Jain and so forth are also being observed and practiced in Nepal. In essence, Nepal has been experiencing perfect religious harmony over the time immemorial